DORSET ROAD ALLOTMENT AND LEISURE GARDEN SOCIETY
1. The society shall be known as the “Dorset Road Allotment and Leisure Garden Society” hereafter referred to as “the Society”.
2. Aims of the Society.
(a) To promote the growing of fruit and vegetables as an aid to a healthy lifestyle.
(b) To promote re-cycling of waste material.
(c) To protect wildlife and where possible provide suitable habitat.
(d) To provide educational facilities for the local community.
3. The management of the Society shall be vested in a committee comprising of the officers; i.e. Chairman; Secretary; and Treasurer (all officers being honorary positions) and six other members.
The committee may if required co-opt further members. All members shall retire annually but may stand for re-election at the A.G.M.
4. An Annual General Meeting of members of the society shall be held each April to:-
A. Elect the committee.
B. Accept the accounts, as prepared by the Hon. Treasurer to the end of the previous financial year.
C. Appoint a person to check the accounts.
D. Agree rents for the following year.
E. Any other business, as deemed proper by the chairman.
5. Any proposed changes to the rules shall be notified to the members in writing with 30 days notice. Any changes to be ratified at an A.G.M. or E.G.M.
6. An Extraordinary General Meeting shall be called at the request of four or more members of the Society, fourteen days notice shall be given of an E.G.M.
Only fully paid up members of the Society may vote at an A.G.M or E.G.M.
7. A Quorum at an A.G.M. or E.G.M. shall consist of 20% of the membership. If insufficient members are present at an A.G.M. or E.G.M. to form a Quorum an E.G.M. shall be called, if within 30 minutes from time appointed a Quorum is not present the members present shall, non the less, form a Quorum.
If the Society can no longer function, the Society shall be dissolved. Any assets remaining after all debts have been paid shall be passed to a similar organisation, as determined by the trustees.