We will be holding a plant sales day on Sunday 23rd May between 11am – 2pm. There are lots of vegetable plants for your allotment including:
We will be taking cash or Members can pay by BACS.
The shop will also be open and we have new deliveries of new horizon peat free compost at £5.50 and large tomato grow bags at
Thank you to everybody who helped at our March Community Spruce days. Here’s what we achieved:
- site plant nursery area cleared and flower seeds planted
- the communal polytunnel has a new cover
- broken metal shed taken down
- trees and new hedging planted
- wildlife garden paths lined with logs
- brambles cut back in the wildlife garden
- potholes filled
- litter picked
- plants by clubhouse pruned
- grass cut around the site and in the secret garden
- new plots marked out
- Woodland walk was created
- waste wood burnt and prunings shredded
We will be holding more community spruce days in April.
Our members record some of the wildlife spotted on site on a board by the Clubhouse.
This is what has been seen:
- Fleck Fieldfares
- Goshawk (male)
- Pair of Egrets (see video here)
- Group long tailed tits
- Slow worms
- Comma butterfly
- Peacock butterfly
Here are some photos of wildlife sent by members.