The current restrictions brought in by the Government to reduce the spread of Covid-19 has had an impact on life at Dorset Road Allotments.
Unfortunately the allotment site is currently closed to non-members. We will be able to re-open once the restrictions are lifted. In the meantime visit our instagram page to see images from the site.
We have postponed all meetings and events, although an AGM will be held online.
Members may still use the site as part of their daily exercise but must follow the guidelines set by the government and take the following precautions to protect themselves and others:
• Before opening or closing the gates each time, either use hand sanitiser (should be 60% alcohol content), or wash your hands for 20 seconds, dry with a paper towel.
• DO NOT touch your face after using anything that has been touched by other people without washing your hands first.
• Observe “Social Distancing” with each other 2-3 metres.
• Do not share tools with other plotholders.
• Do not wash your hands in water troughs.
Please remember to look out for one another during these very difficult times and take all the steps you can to reduce the risk of contagion from the coronavirus.
On 1 January 2021 all our plot holders became members of the new co-operative set up to run Dorset Road Allotments and Leisure Gardens. This means they each have one share in the new co-operative and an equal say in how the allotment site is run. The new co-operative is called Dorset Road Allotments and Leisure Gardens Limited (Registered Society 4733).
Becoming a co-operative is a milestone for the governance of our site giving us an opportunity to make the site the best it can be working with all our members.
If you want to read more about how our co-operative works, our Rules governing our site are published in the ‘About us’ section of the website.