The current restrictions brought in by the Government to reduce the spread of coronavirus has had an impact on life at Dorset Road Allotments.
Unfortunately the allotment site is currently closed to non-members. We will be able to re-open on Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon once the restrictions are lifted. In the meantime visit our instagram page to see images from the site.
We have postponed all meetings and events including our AGM and Open Day. We will hold these as soon as it is possible to arrange them once the restrictions have been lifted.
Members may still use the site as part of their daily exercise but must follow the guidelines set by the government and take the following precautions to protect themselves and others:
• Before opening or closing the gates each time, either use hand sanitiser (should be 60% alcohol content), or wash your hands for 20 seconds, dry with a paper towel.
• DO NOT touch your face after using anything that has been touched by other people without washing your hands first.
• DO NOT gather together for a chat even if you are 2 metres apart.
• Observe “Social Distancing” with each other 2-3 metres.
• Do not share tools with other plotholders.
• Do not wash your hands in water troughs.
Please remember to look out for one another during these very difficult times and take all the steps you can to reduce the risk of contagion from the coronavirus.